The 2017 Monster Energy Supercross Series has taken over the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, the fifth round of the long championship season. The winter weather in the Bay Area of California is currently having an impact on the track, as showers have hit the open-air venue through the morning and afternoon. This impacted the lap times for a few sessions, particularly the unseeded groups, but there were a few surprises in the final results.
2017 Oakland SX | 250 Class Timed Qualifying Results
– Justin Hill notched the top time of the 250 class, a 1:00.477, and the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki rider was the only person in the small-bore division to turn a lap time in the 1:00 range.
– Second fastest on the day? Blue Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha’s AJ Catanzaro, who took advantage of a relatively dry track in the second 250 C Group session and posted a 1:01.320.
2017 Oakland SX | 450 Class Timed Qualifying Results
– Cooper Webb was on the charge in the final qualifying session of the day. The Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha rider hammered out lap after lap, and his 58.354 was the fastest lap of the entire afternoon.
– Marvin Musquin was the only rider other than Webb to break the one-minute mark, as the Red Bull KTM rider clocked a 59.944 lap.
– Dean Wilson claimed sixth on the board in his debut with the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna team at 1:00.405.